Salty Groms Holiday Programs school holidays surfcamp program to Sydney Northern Beaches from Bondi for beginner to intermediate groms (16 years and under)
Salty Groms Holiday Programs
school holidays surfcamp program to Sydney Northern Beaches from Bondi for beginner to intermediate groms (16 years and under)
The school holidays is upon us and we are stoked to once again be running our School holiday program – only better! Dan and Harrisan will be back to take kids across to the lesser crowded Sydney’s Northern Beaches stretch with higher quality waves. The trip will include a range of educational aspects from teaching more in-depth ocean reading skills, breathwork training, video analysis and in-water coaching. Emphasis of this program is on having a fun and safe experience. Kids can pursue their surfing journeys to the fullest extent and expect to make some great new surfing mates in the group. There will be two instructors with the kids at all times, both level 2 instructors qualified by surfing NSW.
Who’s This Experience for:
The trip will cater for 10 advanced beginner to intermediate groms (16 years and under) looking to accelerate their surfing progression. Groms must be comfortable In the ocean. Parents can expect a safe and attentive environment for their child with 1 coach to every 5 children.
Instructors are fully qualified with:
- Level 2 Qualified Surfing NSW Coach // Surf Pentagon Level 2 Coach
- First Aid certificate
- APOLA Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award (OSSCA)
- Work With Children Check (WWCC)
- In water coaching
- Video analysis (with take-home vid analysis to keep)
- Water and ocean safety
- Transport from Bondi via a minibus
- Nature walks & other activities if surf is flat
Monday to Friday, a typical day looks like this:
- 8:30am – Meet opposite the critical slide, Bondi (our pickup point) – Parents, Critical Slide has amazing coffee if you’re yet to try it
- 9:00am – Depart for Northern Beaches to the best waves on offer
- 10am – Arrive at first session- check conditions, surf for roughly 1.5 hours
- 12pm – Lunch
- salty groms will need to bring their own packed lunch AND we will be stopping at a local caffe/s for those that need to purchase their lunch, snacks or extra treats
- 1pm – Coaching or activity
- 1.30pm – Second surf session
- 3pm – Coaching or activity
- 4pm – we head back home
- Expect us back at Critical Slide around 4.30-5pm.
Surf spots will depend on the conditions of the day. Having this flexibility to change locations depending on conditions is one of the biggest advantages. It ensures we will never surf a spot too big for your child and that all groms can have fun and get a surf in regardless of the conditions.
What groms can expect to learn:
- Surfing fundamentals such as the correct way to stand up, how to read the ocean and much more.
- How to read waves & put themselves in the right spot
- Paddling technique, the best way to get enough speed to catch waves
- Analysing the best and worst surfing conditions
- Technical work for more advanced kids, such as arm, eye and body positioning
- Breath work; how to stay calm in a bad wipeout
- Board control; how to duck dive, turtle roll and navigate the line up
Price & Dates
$160.00You will be taken to complete your booking once you press book now.